Before gorging on food, know what it contains and how is it going to help your system! This bare minimum knowledge about food and its benefit can let you live your life fully, happily and actively ever after!
Cooling Treat – CUCUMBER With Fresh PINEAPPLE
Serves 4 to 6
- 3 cups chopped fresh pineapple
- 2 cucumbers, peeled, seeded and sliced
- 2 green onions, thinly sliced
- 1/4 cup roughly chopped mint
- 1/4 cup lime juice
- The Bromelain enzyme found in pineapple is great for natural detox and has also been known for its anti-inflammatory and anti-clotting properties.
- Pineapple is low in calories, sodium, saturated fats and cholesterol while being a rich source of fibre, so it’s the perfect weight loss food
- An excellent source of Vitamin C and other antioxidants essential for collagen synthesis
- Pineapple is also known for its high level of manganese that is an essential element for energy production
- Pineapple is also a rich source in Vitamin A and Beta-Carotene, which helps your immune system, eyesight and protects from free radicals
- Cucumbers are a good source of B vitamins.
- Cucumbers are 95 percent water, keeping the body hydrated while helping the body eliminate toxins.
- Cucumber are known to contain lariciresinol, pinoresinol, and secoisolariciresinol. These three lignans have a strong history of research in connection with reduced risk of several cancer types, including breast cancer, ovarian cancer, uterine cancer and prostate cancer.
- Due to its low calorie and high water content, cucumber is an ideal diet for people who are looking for weight loss.