The 3 Energy Channels – Ida, Pingla & Sushumna
The three Energy Pathways or channels that we possess at our subtle level are:
- Left Sympathetic Nervous System is called the Ida Nadi & looks after our past.
- Right Sympathetic Nervous System is called the Pingala Nadi & looks after our future.
- Parasympathetic Nervous System is called the Sushumna Nadi & looks after our Present.
Left Sympathetic Nervous System
Is called the Ida Nadi and is connected to the right side and back of the brain.
- The two left and right channels cross at the Agnya Chakra (3rd eye) level.
- This channel looks after our emotional life and our past.
- It is the channel, which creates our past. Whatever is present today becomes past tomorrow.
- The sub-conscious mind receives information from this channel.
- The subconscious mind has an age-old collective subconscious mind beyond it.
- Everything that was in the past since creation resides dormant in the collective subconscious.
- This collective subconscious has all that is dead in the evolutionary process collected and stored.
- Whatever that is dead or gone out of the subconscious mind goes out into the collective subconscious mind.
Right Sympathetic Nervous System
Is called the Pingala Nadi, which crosses Ida Nadi at Agnya Chakra level.
- It is connected with the left side and the front of the brain.
- On the right hand side there is the supra-conscious mind, which creates our future.
- Whenever we think about our future it is recorded on the right hand side, and it also has a collective supra-conscious, which has got all that is unfulfilled, which happened due to over-ambitious, futuristic personalities, aggressive animals or plants.
- The above two left and right channels cross at the Agnya Chakra level.
Parasympathetic Nervous System
- Is called the Sushumna Nadi, through which the Kundalini (if awakened by the grace of a True Spiritual master) passes to pierce through the ‘Fontanelle bone area‘ (Little fountain or Brahmarandhra) to enter into the subtle energy of the all-pervading power.
- This is how the actualization of Self-Realization (Baptism) takes place.
- The about described event (of Kundalini piercing through the ‘Fontanelle Bone Area) is felt by the practitioner as ripples of the cool breeze on the hands especially the finger tips. In case of blockages in the chakras, warm breeze is felt.
- For the first time he actually feels the existence of the all-pervading divine power.
Never try to raise the dormant serpent power of Kundalini shakti without the guidance of a true spiritual master! Never try to raise it by listening to music, exercise postures or practicing breath control exercises (Pranayama) as the results can be quite dangerous and fatalistic!
Coming Up Next: The 7 Chakras
Please Check the article: Yoga – The Mechanism & Kundalini Awakening