ASHWINI NAKSHATRA Or The Beta Arietis
- Ashwini is governed by the Ashwins, the twin horsemen.
- The Sun is Exalted here and the horse is the preferred transport of the Sun God.
- Sun’s exaltation in Ashwini is a reminder to the soul of their eternal connection.
In the zodiac at 0° in Mesha (Aries) there is a reddish star which the western astronomers call Arietis.
- The Indians named it Aswini.
- The deity for Aswini Nakshatra is Aswi or the Duality known as Aswini Kumar Twins, the physician of the Gods.
- The Puranas relate that the two Aswini Kumaras were born of mother Sanga and father Ravi.
- Ashwini nakshatra falls in the zodiac sign of Mesha (Aries), which is ruled by the aggressive and fiery planet Mars.
A person born in this Nakshatra is :
- inclined towards serving others,
- is humble by nature,
- is truthful,
- has a contented family life.
Ashwini Nakshatra brings about quick aid and energization. People born in Ashwini are very active, always busy doing something and they will spend their time keeping their house neat and clean.
Ashwini rules all forms of transportation and fast travel.This represents a person with a happy, carefree disposition, very intelligent, infact rather an above-average person in this respect. Vast learning, well developed brain power, faith in religion, sacrificing tendency, ambitions, philosophical and social are the traits of those born under this nakshatra.
Sun’s Positions of the Nakshatras (Birthstars)
Ashwini (The Horse Goddess) —April 15-April 28
Regal, proud nature, excellent business skills, aggressive, militant, leadership, authority positions, and desire to power and fame.
Famous people: Al Pacino, J. P. Morgan, Charlie Chaplin, Barbara Streisand.