The insurance agents in your company are lagging behind? You can turn them into competitive performers. Investing a little time can play the trick. You can coach them for getting unexpected results. A little bit of motivation from you and their own zeal to excel can bring astounding results.
Agents are the liaison between the insurance company and its customers. Their interaction with them through mail, on phone can make or break your business. So, training your agents with the right insurance skills will be one step taken towards marketing your products. More time that you invest in training process, the better it is. Here are a few tips on helping them to excel in what they do.
- As a trainer, it is important for you to build healthy relationship with every individual in the agents’ team.
- Keep offering them performance feedback to let them know where they are good and where they are not. Timely feedback can help them to get ready for the market at a fast pace. The feedbacks should focus on the question ‘what to do’ rather than on ‘why is it done’.
- Always talk to them about achievable goals for marketing. Pen down the latest trends in the sector before training them.
- It is important to focus on the soft skills as well. That can play the trick while they are interacting with the customers.
- Recruit employees after being sure that he is passionate about his work.
- It takes a little longer for a few employees to understand how you do your business. But, patience can win the battle for you.
Positive feedback can encourage your agents and help them develop their skills. Appreciation enhances their performance. One-on-one meetings will help you measure the progress of every individual. They should be given a chance to voice their concerns and put forward their questions. Last but not the least, a very positive attitude on your side can motivate them.