Dan Costian’s ‘Bible Enlightened’ best describes the Age of Aquarius!
The deep spiritual insight and knowledge of Dan Costian’s (Ph.D) Bible Enlightened best describes the Age of Aquarius. His explanation of the historical significance of astrological signs that gave birth to distinct ages serves as celestial landmarks that guide to review and re-chart the future of mankind and the planet Earth.
According to him these ages are “determined by the equinox precession, were shown to last approximately two thousand years and they were called by the name of the sign of the zodiac crossed during the interval. For each and every age there corresponded an aeon, i.e. the revealing of a new divine attribute by the incarnation of a new avatar.
The Age of Gemini
- The Age of Gemini (c.6000 – c.4000) corresponded to the flourishing period of early Hinduism.
- It was under this sign that Rama, the seventh incarnation of Vishnu was manifested by the birth of the two pair of brothers: Rama and Lakshmana on the one hand, Satrughna and Bharata on the other.
- Rama Himself had twin sons: Lav and Kush (in harmony with the name of the constellation where the Sun was at that time.)
- Lav went to Russia from this we get the name of Slav.
- The other son, Kush went to China, hence we get the name Kushan.
- These two divine principles were also incarnated as Buddha and Mahavira, then as Adi Shankaracharya and Gnyaneshwara.
- In other Avatars they were Hassan and Hussein the sons of Fatima and Hazrat Ali …
- Rama incarnated during the Treta Yuga when the fourth chakra (Adi Anahathh or Anahada aka. Heart Chakra) was opened in Virata.
- Anahathh is an important centre of the human being since it is here (on the left side, at the heart level) where the individual Spirit or the Self resides.
“For where your treasure is, there also will your heart be” Jesus said (Luke 12:34.)
The Age of Taurus
- The Age of Taurus (c.4000 – c.2000 B.C.).
- The aeon governing this age was Krishna, the eight Avatar, the Lord of the cows (Govinda.)
- The age stayed under the sign of the bull (Apis, or sacred bull Mnevis of Helipolis, identified to Ra), of the holy cow (Hathor in Egypt, surahbhi or Kamadhenu in India or may be worshipped in many spiritual cultures), or the golden calf in the polytheistic beliefs (see Exodus 32:4), preceding the Judaic monotheism.
- Krishna was said to have lived at the end of Dvapara Yuga (Encyclopaedia Universalis, Paris 1968, vol. 9, p.711) considered by some to have ended in the year 3102 B.C. (Zimmer, quoted work.)
- According to tradition, Krishna lived in the fourth millennium B.C. (La grande encyclopedie, H. Lamirault et Co., Paris, vol. 21, p.647.)
- During his time the fifth chakra (Adi Vishuddhi) of the Cosmic Being was enlightened.
The Age of Aries
- The Age of Aries (c.2000 – 1 B.C.) was characterized by the establishment of the monotheistic Judaism through great spiritual personalities like Abraham (19th century B.C.) and Moses (13th century B.C.).
- Generally, this period was dominated by the manifestation of the universal principle of the spiritual master (Adi Guru Dattatreya.)
- Indeed, before the Christian era, Zarathustra incarnated (7th or 6th or even 10th century according to some opinions), Confucius and Lao-Tse (6th century), Socrates (5th century), alongside with the two great Jewish prophets (see chapt. X.)
- The symbol of the ram (or the Passover lamb) appeared as an object of sacrifice instead of worship, as a reaction against the belief of the previous age.
- That could be illustrated by the cult of Mithra who stabbed the mythological bull.
The Age of Pisces
- The Age of Pisces (A.D. 1 – c.2000) during which Christianity appeared and spread out.
- The fish was known to have been the secret sign used by the early Christians to identify each other.
- The Greek word Ichtus (=fish) was made up of the following phrase capitals (acrostic): Iesous Christos Theou Uios Soter (=Jesus Christ Son of God, the Saviour.)
- In Hinduism it was also the symbol of the Saviour (Vishnu’s first incarnation in the shape of a fish saved Manu from the flood)…
- Similar to Mahavishnu, Jesus represented the ninth Avatar, who opened the Agnya chakra (3rd eye chakra) within the Cosmic Being.
- The reflection of this chakra at the microcosmic human level is situated in the centre of the forehead where the left channel (Ida nadi) and the right channel (Pingala nadi) form a subtle crossing.
From an anatomical point of view, this is the place of:
- i) the chiasma opticalis (optical nerve crossing), corresponding to the anterior aspect of the chakra (front Agnya);
- ii) the decussatio pyramidum (crossing of the motor nuclei fibres of the spinal nerves for the upper limb and upper trunk and for the lower limb and lower trunk respectively), corresponding to the posterior aspect of the chakra (back Agnya.)
The three channels cross at the Agnya which represents the most narrow way for the Kundalini to pass through. It is the “narrow gate” that Jesus said about:
“Strive with earnestness to enter through the narrow door, for many, I say, will seek to enter and will not be able” (Luke 13:24.)”
Enter through the narrow gate” (Matthew 7:13.) Jesus revealed Himself as the Master of the Agnya chakra:
“I am the door; if any one enter in by Me, he shall be saved” (John 10.9.)
He will be saved because he will be able to reach the end, of the spiritual ascent, Sahasrara (the Kingdom of Heavens the synthesis of all chakras, where the individual Spirit joins with the Universal Spirit – God.)
The Mahabharata (14.2784) says that the gate of heaven is very small and narrow.
It cannot be seen by those without any sense and blinded by the vain illusions of this world. Even those who can see well, who see the way and want to enter, will find the door locked and hard to open. Its heavy bolts are pride, lust, greed and debauchery.
Jesus said to the Pharisees:
“The kingdom of God does not come with observation” (Luke 17:20.)
“For the early Christians the all-encompassing reality and the terrific newness of their belief was precisely that the Kingdom had drawn near and though unseen, it had already been there, among the people, illuminating and working in the world.”
The Agnya chakra controls mental processes.
Maitrayana Upanishad says (6:34) that the thoughts are the only cause of the cycle of birth and death; man, therefore should endeavour to purify his thoughts. A man is what he thinks: this is the ancient secret.
The same idea was expressed by Guatama Buddha in the first line of the Dhammapada:
All that we are is the result of what we have thought, is based on our thoughts, and made out of our thoughts. That is why Yogis attach such a great importance to thought detachment and getting into the “thoughtless awareness” or Nirvichara Samadhi; the real state of meditation enabling the union (Yoga.)
The Age Of Aquarius
- The Age of Aquarius (c.2000 ) starts at the dawn of Satya Yuga.
- The beginning of this age was estimated by various calculations around the year 2000.
- Some astrologers believe that mankind will step out of the mystical age of Pisces right into the luminous age of Aquarius between 2000 and 2050, which means the end of superstitions and of dogmatic religions (apud Bruno Wurtz.)
- It is not without interest to go back to the Ahmadiya Movement of Islam speaking about Mahdi’s appearance on the Earth.
We shall quote here Gibb and Kramer (Shorter Encyclopaedia of Islam, p.24):
“To believe in His as the Second or the Promised Messiah is an article of faith, because first of all His coming early in the 14th century of the Hidjra was predicted by Muhammad.”
Or, Hidjra (Hegira), the starting point of the Muhammadan period was the 20th of September, 622 and that gives us the date close to the end of the year 1922 maybe the beginning of the year 1923 for the start of the new era.
Now, there is a brief extract giving the evolution of the heavy planets towards this end of the millennium.
- Pluto, the mightiest of the planets, is the master of Scorpio until the beginning of the year 1995 and afterwards it will enter Sagittarius.
- It awakens the old demons to exorcize them completely and this cleansing will bring all the mud from the depths to the surface.
- The energy will serve to purify man, if it is well used; being perverted it will turn against him.
- Pluto in Scorpio indicates a token of life, death, rebirth.
- Then, it will enter Sagittarius, symbol of superior spirit, of metaphysical abstraction, of fundamental seeking.
- The other three heavy planets will leave one after another Capricornus to enter Aquarius: Saturn in 1991, Uranus in 1996 and Neptune in 1999 indicating the entering of mankind into the age of Aquarius, generating a new awareness, a new spiritual order (apud Christian Kursner.)
- In 1996 Uranus will enter Aquarius whose master it is. Thus, the dominion of materialism and selfishness will come to an end, leading at the same time towards a new society characterized by benevolence and universal integration.
- This will means the abolishing of the old concepts and the vanishing of any physical and spiritual frontiers.
- But beware! The entering of Jupiter alongside Uranus into the sign of Aquarius (1996-1997), may mean the outburst of the divine wrath against those that overlook its authority as well as those that disturb the divine order of the world.
The astrologer Alain considered that the age of Aquarius started in 1962. In Benjamin Creme’s opinion, the beginning of this age would be in the spring of 1982, and according to others in 1987. Creme even asserted that Christ’s new Avatar manifested Himself among us since 1977. The famous psychologist Carl Gustav Jung (1875-1961) considered that this age would start in 1997 (Bruno Wurtz, New Age, Ed. de Vest, Timisoara 1992.) Shri Mataji Nirmala Devi announced that Satya Yuga has started in 1993 on the vernal equinox …
If Pisces is a sign of water, Aquarius is much more so. Considering the last ages of the cycle, the transition from the zodiacal names of mammals to those of the aquatic beings can be interpreted as the tendency of returning to the Primordial Ocean along the regressive branch of the ellipse, meaning the absorption (dissolution) back into the Original Atom from where the cycle had started.
We remember that Jesus is the Beginning and the End, the Alpha and the Omega.
He is to descend for the second time as Kalki, the 10th and last Avatar of the Evolution Principle, thereby being the aeon under which the Age of Aquarius is placed. J. Carmignac gave an interpretation of the manuscripts found beside the Dead Sea, in which he identified “The Teacher of Righteousness” (Faith) with “The One who pours the rain of Righteousness” (Faith.)
Many authors are known to have considered Jesus as being none other than the Teacher of Righteousness (see, for instance, I.D. Amusin’s quoted work.) Jesus was the one to announce the Age of Aquarius:
“A man will meet you carrying an earthen pitcher of water; follow him into the house where he goes in” (Luke 22:10; Mark 14:13.)
The Last Supper was the symbol of the future “unio mystica.”