KRITTIKA NAKSHATRA or Eta Tauri
- Krittika is ruled by Agni, the God of Fire.
- This is the third nakshatra of the zodiac, spanning 26°-40′ in Mesha (Aries) to 10°-00′ in Vrishabha (Taurus).
- Kritikka is considered the nakshatra where power is born.
- This is the birth star of Chandra (moon).
- The passivity of this nakshatra represents their ability to nurture power.
- Mythology describes Krittika as the foster mother of Kartik devata who is beautiful in appearance and an able commander in a battle.
Krittika is also known as the “Star of Fire” and is related to a commander, fighter, foster mother, lustre, glow of power, physical and creative force.
- Krittika being a female nakshatra suggests passivity, indicating that Krittika needs outer energy or life circumstance to activate their power.
Krittika Nakshatra burns up negativity, purifies what is mixed, and cooks or prepares that which is not yet ripe.
- This nakshatra rules war, battles, and disputes.
- Planets in Krittika activate its passive energy.
- Krittika denotes capability to give a desired change in a form by burning out all the impurities of life or the wrongs and give birth to purity, morality and virtues.
- People with this nakshatra have a cutting wit and can be sarcastic and critical.
- They are stubborn, aggressive and can be very angry.
- Those born under Krittika nakshatra have strained relations with relatives and friends.
- However, these persons are gluttons, fond of spicy foods, well-versed academically, fond of opposite sex, bright in appearance , misers, worried nature and of widespread fame.
Those born on a Krittika day are fiery and full of creative energy. They like to take on big projects and are highly ambitious and self-motivated.Vast learning, logical, doubting mind, creative ability, unsteady fortune, hot bod, enthusiastic, engineering brain and brave are their typical characteristics.
Sun’s Positions of the Nakshatras (Birthstars)
Krittika (The Pleiades)—May 12-May 26
Spiritual warrior, disciplined, leadership, power over the masses, issues with authority, solitude, gifts in music, dance and drama, angry temperament, destructive.
Pope John Paul II, Swami Muktananda, Cher, Jim Jones, Janet Jackson.